Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Acceptance of the Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- These website terms and conditions of use for www.allaboutsignlanguage.com constitute a legal agreement and are entered into by and between you (“you,” “your,” a “user”) and All About Sign Language (the “Company,” “we,” “us,” “our“). The following terms and conditions, together with any documents and/or additional terms they expressly incorporate by reference (collectively, these “Terms and Conditions“ or this “Agreement”), govern your access to and use, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through www.allaboutsignlanguage.com (the “Website“).
- These Terms and Conditions may also be supplemented or replaced by additional terms (hereafter referred to as “Additional Terms“) relating to specific Content, goods or services made available or supplied by us using the Site. Additional Terms will be made available on relevant pages of the Site and will be accessible by you for review or acceptance before you place an order or request a service. Additional Terms shall prevail to the extent that there is any conflict or inconsistency with any other of these terms.
- By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are the legal age of majority under applicable law to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Modifications to the Terms and Conditions and to the Website
- We reserve the right to revise and update these terms and conditions from time to time at our sole and absolute discretion. Any and all such modifications are effective immediately upon posting and apply to all access to and continued use of the Website. You agree to periodically review the terms and conditions in order to be aware of any such modifications and your continued use shall be your acceptance of these.
- The information and material on this Website, and the Website may be changed, withdrawn or terminated at any time in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is restricted to users or unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Memberships, Services, and Additional Terms
- User Service Requests. You and other users may submit requests for certain services to us to be connected to our Members which may provide such services (a “Service Request”) , subject to the following requirements:
- We reserve the right to accept or reject any service request submitted to us at our sole and absolute discretion.
- You represent and warrant that the information you provide in your Service Request shall be true, accurate, and that you are actually seeking the services described therein.
- You grant us permission to disclose any contact information or other details that you provide in your Service Request to any Member of our choosing for the purposes of contacting you, and you grant us and our Members permission to contact you in relation to the Service Request and for the purpose of transaction business services.
- Upon acceptance of a request it will be posted to our “Service Request Board” where our Members will be able to view such requests and bid to take them.
- A Member which accept your request for services shall be charged a fee and shall receive your contact information to initiate an initial discussion about providing the services set out in your Service Request.
- We make no representations or warranties about any Member or their ability to provide the services set out in your Service Request, including without limitation as to their professionalism, qualifications, skills, or any other matter.
FOR ABSOLUTE CLARITY, YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN OR DAMAGED CAUSED BY ANY MEMBER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY.
- Memberships. You and other users may apply to become members of the Site, and access certain special features, member-only areas, services, and other perks, subject to the following requirements (“Members”):
Any user interested in becoming a Member must submit a fully completed membership application to us, and we reserve the right to review and accept or reject such application for membership at our sole and absolute discretion.
- A prospective member that has their application accepted shall be invited to submit payment for membership services, and to accept the Terms of Purchase found here: www.allaboutsignlanguage.com
- Upon acceptance of the Terms of Purchase and payment of applicable membership fees, a user shall receive login credentials in order to access their Membership portal and services.
- Among other perks and services, Members shall be permitted to view the Members’ side of the Service Request Board, and shall be able to “bid” on services, whereby they will be introduced to a user that has requested certain services and shall pay the Company a flat introduction fee.
- Members shall at all times be governed by these Terms and Conditions, and the applicable Terms of Purchase.
- By purchasing certain additional services, or as part of our own operation of the Site, certain users, members, and third parties (“Third Parties”) may advertise, list, or link to their products or services on the Website (“Third Party Services”).
- The listing of Third Parties and Third Party Services on the Website (the “Listing Service”) shall be subject to the terms of these Terms and Conditions, and the Terms of Purchase where applicable.
- We do not make any representations or warranties about any Third Parties or any Third Party Services that may be advertised, listed, or linked to on the Website, whether by us or by Third Parties posting as users, and shall not be responsible for any interactions between any users, Members, and Third Parties, or the purchase of any Third Party Services by any users, regardless of whether such Third Party Services were posted by the Company on the website, or whether such interactions or purchases are made through the Website or on an external site.
Restrictions on Use
- As a condition of your access and use you agree that you may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and you further agree and covenant:
- not to use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful under applicable law, or prohibited by these terms and conditions;
- not to circumvent, violate, or breach the security of the Website including without limitation: (a) accessing content and data that is not intended for you; (b) attempting to breach or breaching the security and/or authentication measures in an unauthorized manner; (c) restrict disrupt or disable service to users, hosts, servers or networks; (d) illicitly reproducing TCP/IP packet header; (e) disrupting network services and otherwise disrupting Website owner’s ability to monitor the Website; (f) use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website; (g) introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful; (h) attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack, distributed denial-of-service attack, flooding, mailbombing or crashing; and (i) otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website;
- not harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information) about other users of the Website or customers of the Company, including e-mail addresses, electronic addresses, phone numbers, names, photos, and so on without the express consent of such users;
- not to defame or disparage anybody or make comments of an obscene, derogatory or offensive manner or otherwise use the Website or its Content in a way that brings us or any third party into disrepute or causes us to be liable to any third party;
- not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy, modify, distribute, transmit, license, sublicense, display, revise, perform, transfer, sell or otherwise make available to any third party or otherwise publish, deep-link, create derivative works from or exploit in any way the Website or its Content except as permitted by us under these terms or as expressly provided under applicable law and/or under any Additional Terms;
- Not copy, modify, distribute, transmit, license, sublicense, display, revise, perform, transfer, sell or otherwise any third-party content, including videos, graphics, text, documents, guides, and other content posted by other users or any third parties which post to the Site;
- not to use the Website to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing; and
- that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Website and shall be solely responsible for keeping your password and other account details confidential.
- We reserve the right to prevent or suspend your access to the Website if you do not comply with any part of these terms and conditions or any applicable law.
Your Use of the Website and Account Set-Up and Security
- Access to the Site and certain areas, features, services, or portions of the Site may require user registration, and may require you to create and use an account with a user id and password (an “Account”). It is a condition of your use of the Site that all the information you provide on the Site and in registering your Account is correct, current, and complete. You agree to update such information on your Account as necessary to keep it accurate, current and complete, including with regard to payment information.
- Users are required to ensure that all persons who access the Site through a user’s internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions and comply with them. Users are responsible for any security breaches or performance issues relating to accessing the Site.
- Any user name, password, or any other piece of information chosen by you or provided to you as part of our security procedures, must be treated as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You must exercise caution when accessing your Account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. You understand and agree that should you be provided an Account, your Account is personal to you and you agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you logout from your Account at the end of each session. You are responsible for any password misuse or any unauthorized access.
- We reserve the right at any time and from time to time, to disable or terminate your Account, any user name, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including any violation of any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- You are prohibited from attempting to circumvent and from violating the security of this Website including without limitation: (a) accessing content and data that is not intended for you; (b) attempting to breach or breaching the security and/or authentication measures which are not authorized; (c) restrict disrupt or disable service to users, hosts, servers or networks; (d) illicitly reproducing TCP/IP packet header; (e) disrupting network services and otherwise disrupting Website owner’s ability to monitor the Website; (f) use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website; (g) introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful; (h) attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack, distributed denial-of-service attack, flooding, mailbombing or crashing; and (i) otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- You additionally agree that you shall not harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information) about other users of the Website or customers of the Company, including e-mail addresses, electronic addresses, phone numbers, names, photos, and so on without the express consent of such users.
- Persons under the age of majority in their jurisdiction are prohibited from registering an Account with the Company, any Account that is discovered to have been created or used by a minor shall be promptly suspended and deleted by the Company.
All orders, purchases or transactions for the sale of goods or services made using this Website are subject to the terms and conditions of sale as posted on the Website: www.allaboutsignlanguage.com
- which may be updated from time to time in our absolute discretion and without further notice to you, and which are also incorporated into these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms of Purchase”).
- You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or any users of your Account and credit card (or other applicable payment mechanism) at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your purchases. Verification of information applicable to a purchase may be required prior to our acceptance of any order. The price of the product or service will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order.
- and hereby consent and authorize us and [SERVICE] to share any information and payment instructions you provide with payment provider(s) to the minimum extent required to complete your transactions. All information that you provide to us or our third party payment processors must be accurate, current and complete.
- When you place an order, we will confirm your address by sending an email to the email address you provided when you placed your order. Your placement of an order through our Website is an offer to purchase the products and/or services ordered and we may accept your order by processing your payment and shipping the products or making available your purchased services. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. For any reason, we may decline to accept your order or any part of your order. No order will be considered accepted by the Company until the product(s) has been shipped or service(s) made available. If some of products in your order are temporarily out of stock, we will ship the available products only and notify you of any products that cannot be fulfilled. If we decline to accept your order, we will attempt to notify you at the email address you provided. We further reserve the right any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order.
- Shipping or delivery of products or services will be available as noted on the relevant portions of the Website, and may be altered or removed at any time at our absolute discretion.
- Descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products, prices, and availability of any products or services are subject to change without notice. The inclusion of any products or services on the Website at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, provincial, federal, and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the acquisition of any product or service purchase through the Website. By placing an order, you represent that the products or services ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. We reserve the right, with or without prior notice, to limit the available quantity of or discontinue any product or service; to honor or impose conditions on the honoring of, any coupon, coupon code, promotional code, or other similar promotions; to bar any user from making any or all purchases; and to refuse to provide any user with any product or service.
- All prices, discounts and promotions posted on this Website are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price advertised on this Website at the time the order is placed, subject to the terms of any promotions or discounts that may be applicable. The price charged will be clearly stated in your order confirmation email. Price increases will only apply to orders for Products placed after the time of the increase. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All such taxes and charges will be added to your total price and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation email. We strive to display accurate price information; however, we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions at any time and to cancel any orders arising from such occurrences.
- Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order for Products.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) the payment processing information you supply to us is true, correct and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honoured by the payment processor and your credit card company as may be applicable, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including shipping and handling charges and all applicable taxes, if any, regardless of the amount quoted on the Website at the time of your order.
Intellectual Property Rights and Ownership
- You understand and agree that the Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality, including but not limited to certain products displayed on the website, information, software, code, text, displays, graphics, photographs, video, audio, design, presentation, selection, and arrangement, are owned by the Company, its licensors, certain Third Parties, or other providers of such material and are protected in all forms by intellectual property laws including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and any other proprietary rights.
- The Company name, brand, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, images and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its licensors. The name, brand, related names, logos, products, service names, designs, images, and slogans of Third Parties are the property and trademarks of those Third Parties. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company or the applicable Third Parties. Other names, logos, product and service names, designs, images and slogans mentioned or which appear on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners. Use of any such property, except as expressly authorized, shall constitute a violation of the rights of the property owner and may be a violation of federal or other laws and could subject the violator to legal action.
- All products and product designs that are displayed on the Website at any time, whether or not they are available for purchase, are the intellectual property of the Company, its licensors, or the Third Parties which are offering such products, and such parties shall retain sole and exclusive ownership to such products and product designs, as well as any trademarks, patents, or copyrights therein. Upon purchasing a product or product design from the Website you are permitted to use the item for your limited personal and commercial use, and you are prohibited from further modifying, reproducing, duplicating, using, or reselling the product or product designs in any capacity or for any unauthorized commercial purpose except upon obtaining the prior consent of the Company or the applicable Third Parties in writing.
- You may only use the Website for your personal and limited commercial use, where such commercial use shall include the use of the Website to access our products and services, and the Third Party Services of Third Parties. You shall not directly or indirectly reproduce, compile for an internal database, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website, in any form or medium whatsoever except:
- your computer and browser may temporarily store or cache copies of materials being accessed and viewed;
- a reasonable number of copies for personal use only may be printed keeping any proprietary notices thereon, which may only be used for non-commercial and lawful personal use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution of any kind on any medium whatsoever; and
- in the event social media features Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are provided with respect to certain content are on our site, you may take such actions as our site permits for such features.
- Users are not permitted to modify copies of any materials from this site nor delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site. You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. You have no right, title, or interest in or to the Website or to any content on the Website, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may violate copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
Submitting Information to the Site
- As a condition of your access and use you agree that you may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The following content standards apply to any and all content, material, and information a user submits, posts, publishes, displays, transmits, manipulates, modifies, or customizes (collectively, “submit“) on the website, to other users or other persons (collectively, “User Submissions“) and any and all Interactive Functions. Any and all User Submissions must comply with all applicable federal, provincial, local, and international laws and regulations.
- Without limiting the foregoing you warrant and agree that your use of the Website and any User Submissions shall not:
- Include or contain any material that is exploitive, obscene, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, sexually explicit or pornographic, violent, inflammatory, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age or other such prohibited ground or be otherwise objectionable.
- Involve stalking, attempting to exploit any individual or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or otherwise nor ask for personal information.
- Involve, provide or contribute any false, inaccurate or misleading information.
- Include sending, knowingly receiving, uploading, downloading, using, or reusing any material that does not comply with the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses, or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- Transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertisements or promotions [without our prior written consent], commercial activities or sales, including without limitation any “spam”, “junk mail”, “chain letter”, contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising or any other similar solicitation.
- Include engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- Include causing annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, or alarm any other person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Give the impression that they originate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
- Include sending, knowingly receiving, uploading, downloading, using, or reusing any material that does not comply with the User Submissions and Site Content Standards, found at
- The Site is not a secure means of communication and any information you supply to us will may not be guaranteed to remain confidential. For that reason, you should not submit or send to us any privileged materials, patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes or any information, written or oral, which you regard as confidential or commercially sensitive or valuable (hereafter referred to as “Unwanted Submissions“). While we value your feedback, you agree not to submit any Unwanted Submissions.
- None of the User Submissions or Unwanted Submissions (collectively “Submissions”) you submit to the Site will be subject to any confidentiality by the Company and it shall not be liable for any use and/or disclosure of such submissions.
- By providing any Submissions to the Site, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to a world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose and according to your account settings and/or incorporate such material into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You further waive any moral rights or other rights of authorship as a condition of submitting any Submissions.
- By submitting the Submissions you declare and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights to submit the Submissions and have the right to grant the license hereof to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns to the Submissions and comply with these Terms and Conditions. You represent and warrant that all Submissions comply with applicable laws and regulations and the Submissions and Site Content Standards set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- You understand and agree that you, not the Company nor Company’s parent, subsidiaries, affiliates nor their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, suppliers or successors, are fully responsible for any Submissions you submit or contribute, and you are fully responsible and legally liable, including to any third party, for such content and its accuracy. We are not responsible or legally liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any Submissions submitted by you or any other user of the Site.
Monitoring and Enforcement
- Company has the right, without provision of notice to:
- Remove or refuse to post on the Website any User Submissions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- At all times, to take such actions with respect to any User Submission deemed necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including without limitation, for violating the Website and User Submissions and Site Content Standards or Terms and Conditions.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, regulatory authority or harmed party for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Website for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY AND ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES RELATING TO ANY, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY OR SUCH PARTIES OR BY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
- We have no obligation, nor any responsibility to any party to monitor the Website or use, and do not and cannot undertake to review material that you or other users submit to the Website. We cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted and we have no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party.
Accuracy of Information and Availability of the Site
- The content on our Site is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain more specific or professional advice before taking, or refraining from, any action or inaction on the basis of the content on our Site.
- While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, we do not represent, warrant or promise (whether expressly or by implication) that any Content is or remains available, accurate, complete and up to date, free from bugs, errors or omissions or fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance you may place on the information on this Site is at your own risk and we may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time at our sole discretion. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to prejudice any mandatory statutory requirement or your statutory rights. Content on the Site is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites, which may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purpose.
- While we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is available, we do not represent, warrant, or guarantee in any way the Site’s continued availability at all times, uninterrupted use, or consistency of information.
- The information and material on this Site, and the Site, may be changed, withdrawn or terminated at any time in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Site is restricted to users or unavailable at any time or for any period.
Hyperlinks and Third Party Sites
- The Site may include content provided by third parties, including from other users and third-party licensors. All statements and/or opinions expressed in any such third-party content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. Such materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. Neither the Company nor its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, licensees, suppliers or successors have any responsibility or liability whatsoever to you, or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any third-party materials. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
- For your convenience, this Site may provide links or pointers to third party sites. We make no representations about any other websites that may be accessed from this Website. If you choose to access any such sites, you do so at your own risk. We have no control over the contents of any such third party sites, and accept no responsibility for such sites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. You are subject to any terms and conditions of such third party sites.
- Such links to third party sites from the Site, may include links to certain social media features that enable you to link or transmit on your own or using certain third party websites, certain limited content from this Site. You may only use these features when they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content identified. Such features and links to third party sites are subject to any additional terms and conditions as we or the third party may provide.
- You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the homepage. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Terms and Conditions. You agree to cooperate or immediately comply with our directions to stop any unauthorized framing or linking.
The owner of the Website is based in the Province of Ontario in Canada. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in Canada. This site is not intended for use in any jurisdiction where its use is not permitted. If you access the site from outside Canada you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws of your jurisdiction.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- You understand and agree that your use of the Site, its Content, and any services or items found or attained through the website is at your own risk.
- You agree that your use of the Site is on an “as available” basis. As stated above, except as otherwise expressly required by applicable law, we make no representations, warranties, conditions, or other terms whether express or implied in relation to the provision of the Site , or any Content on the Site, including without limitation as to completeness, accuracy, currency, quality, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Neither the company nor its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, licensees, suppliers or successors make any warranty, representation or endorsement with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, suitability, accuracy, currency or availability of the site or its contents. Without limiting the foregoing, neither the company nor its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, licensees, suppliers or successors represent or warrant that the site, its content, or any services or items found or attained through the site will be accurate, reliable, error-free, or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that our site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files or data available for downloading from the internet or the site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are solely and entirely responsible for your use of the site and your computer, internet and data security. To the fullest extent provided by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by denial-of-service attack, distributed denial-of-service attack, overloading, flooding, mailbombing or crashing, viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or any services or items found or attained through the site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any site linked to it.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all liability, whether arising in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, which we may otherwise have to you as a result of any error or inaccuracies in any Content, the unavailability of the Site for any reason, and any representation or statement made on the Site.
- Under no circumstances shall our aggregate liability to you for any and all claims arising from your use of the Site, including the downloading or use of any Content, exceed the amounts you have paid to us in relation to your use of the Site or its Content.
- Any exclusions and limitations of liability in these terms shall be subject to the Additional Terms in respect of matters covered by those Additional Terms and as otherwise required by law.
Limitation on Liability
EXCEPT WHERE SUCH EXCLUSIONS ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL THE COMPANY NOR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, OR SUCCESSORS BE LIABLE FOR NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, NEGLIGENT MISREPRESENTATION, FUNDAMENTAL BREACH, DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF PRIVACY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE PARTY WAS ALLEGEDLY ADVISED OR HAD REASON TO KNOW, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON, THE SITE, ANY LINKED SITES OR SUCH OTHER THIRD-PARTY SITES, NOR ANY SITE CONTENT, MATERIALS, POSTING OR INFORMATION THEREON EVEN IF THE PARTY WAS ALLEGEDLY ADVISED OR HAD REASON TO KNOW.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your breach of these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, your User Submissions, third party sites, and any use of the Website’s content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Website and these Terms and Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision, principle or rule (whether of the laws of Ontario or any other jurisdiction) and notwithstanding your domicile, residence or physical location.
- Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Website and under these Terms and Conditions will be instituted in the courts of the province of Ontario and/or the Federal Court of Canada, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such action or proceeding. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to the venue of such courts.
- These terms are dated. No changes to these terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time. Our new terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions from time to time to verify such variations.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at the address below and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from to time:
All About Sign Language
Ottawa, Ontario – Canada
- We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including without limitation strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion, or accident.
- If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of these Terms and Conditions or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
- No waiver under these Terms and Conditions is effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the party waiving its right. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from these Terms and Conditions operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
- You may not assign, sub-license, or otherwise transfer any of your rights and obligations in these terms to any other party, except with our prior consent in writing. We reserve the right to transfer or assign our rights and/or obligations under this Agreement at any time to any third party without notice.
- The parties acknowledge that they have required that these terms and conditions and all related documents be prepared in English. Les parties reconnaissent avoir exigé que la présente convention et tous les documents connexes soient rédigés en anglais.
REPORTING AND CONTACT
This website is operated by All About Sign Language Ottawa, ONT
Should you become aware of misuse of the website including libelous or defamatory conduct, you must report it to the Company at email@example.com:
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the foregoing terms and conditions, we suggest including the following language on the page where the public can submit a request for services (to be posted to members for a finder fee):
By using this service request feature on www.allaboutsignlanguage.com I grant permission to www.allaboutsignlanguage.com to share my submitted contact information with its members and third parties pursuant to the Terms & Conditions, found at www.allaboutsignlanguage.com
I acknowledge that www.allaboutsignlanguage.com and All About Sign Language makes no representations or warranties about the services I am requesting, or about the members that they will introduce to me. I am aware that there may be risks involved with working with third party businesses and will take reasonable precautions.
I hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims which I have or may in the future have against All About Sign Language its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, shareholders, successors and assigns (collectively, “Releasees”), on account of injury, death or property damage arising out of or attributable my service request or any subsequent communications or activities with a connected member, or resulting from the performance of my requested services, due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation the negligence of All About Sign Language or any other Releasee, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care owing under occupiers liability legislation or otherwise. I covenant not to make or bring any such claim against All About Sign Language or any other Releasee, and forever release and discharge All About Sign Language and all other Releasees from liability under such claims.